Translate This Blog Post

Praying for Healing


As I am sitting here typing out this post, I find myself faced with some new medical uncertainties.  In addition to my own circumstances, I have dear friends who are walking down a road that is also graveled with intimidating medical vocabulary and uncertainty.  

I have walked this road before, more than once, and yet I find myself still asking some of the same questions ....and occasionally being startled by the larger stones that roll across my path.

I've asked many questions over the past 11 years and God does answer them in time.  I would love to say that once a lesson is learned, I never return to it....but alas that is just not true.  Here I am, walking down the same dusty road.  But this time I am a little more prepared.

I have come to believe through prayer and scripture that I need to focus very carefully when I'm in a time that stretches my faith in such a way.  

Here is what I must do:

  • Never stop believing that God can heal me in His perfect timing. (1 John 5:14-15, Jeremiah 30:17, Jeremiah 33:6, Psalm 41:3, Psalm 103:2-3, Jeremiah 17:14, Psalm 30:2, Matthew 7:7-8)
  • Choose not to live in fear, for God has given me authority to bind and loose things on heaven and earth for my protection.  Satan comes to steal, kill, and destroy, but Christ came to give me abundant life! (Matthew 18:18, Luke 10:19, Isaiah 41:10, 1 John 4:4)
  • Remember that no matter what my current circumstances, God's Will is to be my strength, peace, and hope. (Jeremiah 29:11, Psalm 2:11)
  • No matter what is happening in my body, God can use it to His Glory.  In my weakness, He is made strong! (Philippians 1:12, 2 Corinthians 12:9) 
  • I must keep my eyes focused not only on my time on earth but on the plans that God has for me which will last the rest of eternity in Heaven. (1 Corinthians 2:9)
  • Since the Creator of the Universe and Giver of Life is looking out for me, I should not fear ANYTHING that comes my way, be it from man or from Satan.  (Romans 8:31-32; 37-39)


SCRIPTURES AS REFERENCED ABOVE:


1 John 5:14-15 “This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him.”

Jeremiah 30:17 “But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds, declares the LORD, because you are called an outcast, Zion for whom no one cares.”

Jeremiah 33:6 “Nevertheless, I will bring health and healing to it; I will heal my people and will let them enjoy abundant peace and security.”

Psalm 41:3 “The LORD sustains them on their sickbed and restores them from their bed of illness.”

Psalm 103:2-3Praise the LORD, my soul, and forget not all his benefits—who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases”


Jeremiah 17:14Heal me, LORD, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise.”


Psalm 30:2LORD my God, I called to you for help, and you healed me.”

Matthew 7:7-8 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. ”

Matthew 18:18 “Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven. ”

Luke 10:1 “I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.”

Isaiah 41:10 “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”

1 John 4:4 “You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.”


Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

Psalm 2:11 “Serve the LORD with fear and celebrate his rule with trembling.”

Philippians 1:12 Now I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that what has happened to me has actually served to advance the gospel.”

2 Corinthians 12:9But he said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’ Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.”

Romans 8:18-19 “I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.   For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed.”

1 Corinthians 2:9However, as it is written:  “What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived”— the things God has prepared for those who love him”

Romans 8:31-32 “What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?  He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?”

Romans 8:37-39 “No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, comments, or suggestions!